Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hmmm Apples

My mother in law a few weeks ago brought me some apples so I have been wondering what to do with them. Eating apples plain is not my favorite fruit by far so after consulting my cookbook, I found a delicious recipe. It basically tastes like apple pie minus the crust. Overall, very delicious, and highly recommended.

Dessert Apples

4 tablespoons butter
1.5 lbs apples-peeled, cored and cut into chunks
1/2 C sugar (either granulated or brown)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet with a lid. When butter is melted, add the apples and stir. Cover, turn heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.

2. Remove the lid, and add the sugar and cinnamon. Turn heat to medium. Stir frequently until the apples are hot and glazed (about 10 minutes).

3 comments:

  1. I admit I am responsible that we don't actually have a picture to show. I ate it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred: shame on you! ;)

    Tara: I just brought a ton of apples from Lake Constance for V. and me. Just need a good apple pie recipe... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds really good! Yummy food on a cold winter day. Gee, Fred, a photo would have been nice! (BTW, is the recipe called Desert Apples or should it be Dessert Apples?)

    ReplyDelete