Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Linguine?

For some reason, Germans do not seem to like linguine. Or at least, their supermarkets do not carry it.

I have been to several supermarkets, covering all sorts of chains, and have only found one Kaufhof that stocks linguine in only one brand. Unfortunately, today when I went there, it was out of stock. Instead, I discovered that spaghetti covered its former spot. Not much of a surprise- spaghetti is one of the most popular types of pasta here in Germany. So the next time I find some linguine, I have made a resolution to buy the entire stock of it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I rarely ever see linguine at the store here. Maybe Germans don't see how they are different from Spaghetti :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Edeka supermarket next to our place has a huge amount of Buitoni Linguine in stock. Shall I send you a package? :D

    ReplyDelete